Timeline of Saint-Charles-sur-Richelieu
This page contains an image that weights 146kb. Please wait while the image loads. Timeline of Otterburn Park
1694 - Jean-Baptiste Hertel becomes the first seigneur of the Mont-Saint-Hilaire area (granted by Louis XIII)
1724 - Upon her husband's death, Marie-Anne Beaudoin becomes seigneur
1740 - Parish settlement accelerates
1760 - First concession entirely subdivided
1795 - Foundation of Saint-Hilaire parish
1818 - Jean-Baptiste René Hertel becomes first the first person to reside at Manoir Rouville
1837 - Colonel Wetherall and his troops make camp at Manoir Rouville
1844 - Thomas Edmund Campbell becomes seigneur
1848 - The Grand Trunk railway crosses the Richelieu
1885 - Original Otterburn Park established by the Campbell brothers
1912 - The village of Saint-Hilaire succeeds from parish munipality. Beginning of residential development in Otterburn Park settlement.
1915 - Construction of Hotel Pointe Valaine
1921 - Inauguration of Otterburn Boating Club
1947 - "Otterburn Park" park rebaptised "Les Bosquets Albert Hudon"
1953 - Saint-Hilaire parish becomes the municipality of Otterburn Park
1959 - Otterburn Park annexes part of Mont-Saint-Hilaire
1969 - Otterburn Park officially recognised as a town. Jordi Bonet purchases Manoir Rouville
1979 - Upon Jordi Bonet's death, Manoir Rouville becomes an hotel
1980 - Town logo created by Slawek Gorecki
1999 - Referendum on merging with Mont-Saint-Hilaire. Otterburn Park retains its status as a town.
1624 - The river is named "The Richelieu" in honor of the cardinal
1740 - First seigneurial landgrants
1936 - Floods
1976 - Floods
1987 - CRIB ird Rehabilitation and Care Center founded by Anne-Marie Roth
1993 - Floods
2000 - 7,22% of area is forested