The West Light

The West Light was first built in 1873. As the island's west end eroded, the lighthouse was moved in 1883, 1888, 1917, 1940 and again in 1951. Left: The West Light, 1890 Right: The West Light, 1917

Nova Scotia Museum of Natural History
Sable Island Preservation Trust

© Nova Scotia Museum of Natural History 2001. All Rights Reserved


Teachers' Centre Home Page | Find Learning Resources & Lesson Plans